The life of our church for ADULTS
First Congregational Church offers many “Doorways of Entry” into the life of our church for adults. Some of these happen every Sunday, others during the week, and some throughout special times of the year. These include:
- Faith and Bible Discussion – these happen at 9 am on Sunday mornings during the school year, and are led by our Senior Minister. The topic varies weekly, and the discussion lasts around 45 minutes. This is an informal gathering in our Parlor, so feel free to bring coffee, food, and your questions!
- Continuing Adult Education – more topics and discussions continue after worship, led by Rev. Dr. Sherie Lindamood. Rev. Sherie’s topics cover a wide range of subjects, and the discussion is always lively! Other gatherings and topics happen periodically throughout the year, and we let our FCCWP Family know through our bulletin, weekly email blasts, our newsletter, and this web site!
- Chancel Choir – our adult choir is led by Dr. John Sinclair; our Director of Music as well as being Chair of Music at Rollins College and director of the Bach Festival Choir. Our choir sings on most Sunday’s throughout the school year, often joined by incredibly talented guest soloists and instrumentalists. The Chancel Choir rehearses Wednesday evenings at 7:30 pm.
- Wednesday Night Live! – Adults as well as people of all ages in our FCCWP Family join together at 5:30 pm on a Wednesday each month for a meal and then can choose to participate in such activities as pottery classes, computer workshops, discussion and yoga while our young people participate in choir, dance and other activities.
- Book Club – our Book Club meets periodically to read and discuss both fiction and non-fiction. The books and schedule our announced through our weekly “What’s Happening” emails.
- FCCWP’s Library – our lending library is in Fellowship Hall, right between the Parlor and the Chapel, and is open to all members
- Wisdom’s Daughters – Please join us on the second Monday of the month from 5:30 to 7:00. We generally meet in the church parlor off Fellowship Hall, but have been known to carry our chairs outside to the Memorial Garden to enjoy nature’s beauty.
For more information contact Jackie Sorensen at email@example.com
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – this group meets on the first and third Monday’s of the month, and is open to all women at FCCWP who enjoy knitting, quiet meditation and being together in friendship. Meeting times are found on our Calendar.
- Lenten Series – During the Wednesday evenings of Lent, we share a simple soup and bread supper and offer workshops related to our faith journey. These begin on Ash Wednesday and conclude during Holy Week just before Easter Sunday.
- WOW – Our fellowship with the +55 crowd. For more information, click here.
- Spirit Keepers – A men’s group engaged in service, community, and spiritual enrichment. Click here for more information.